Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Norwegians, blessings, & shortcomings

I am sorry I haven't blogged in a while.

My life has been turned upside down and now back to right side up.

My wonderful friend, Tine, came to visit me in the US for 17 days. It was the best days of my time. I learned so much from her as she, as well from me. I couldn't be more humbled or gracious that she came.

Oh, and I got a new job, broke up with my boyfriend, and kicked him out.

18 days ago, I made the decision, by my own free will to stop drinking. Things were so good before I started, and my life has just been pure hell in recent years. I started going to AA meeting, and felt instantly welcomed by wonderful men & women who were just like me. We all have different stories. I found a wonderful sponsor whom I instantly connected with. K. She is the bee's knees man. Our stories are so similar. And she provides me with humility & gentleness every single day. She cares so much which entices me to KEEP DOING WELL.  I am forever grateful that I walked into that meeting and met her. And the second we spoke, I knew I would cling to her to help me battle this addiction. It has NOT been easy, but it also has not been as awful as I had imagined.

I have great days, and I have hard days, like today. I have come to the conclusion that many people in life (including ourselves), will let you down. But, the ones who really care will be there to pick you up. I have learned that there are MANY battles, but so little worth fighting. So today, I will pick myself up, dust myself off, and THANK GOD for the ones around me who lift my spirits on days like this.

Blessed Be to all..

XOXO
E

No comments:

Post a Comment